It always happens this way. The day your new employee reports to work, all hell breaks loose. As badly as you would like to have long and productive training sessions with your new recruit, real life just won’t allow for that scenario.
Most new employees (especially millennials), want to make an immediate impact on the success of your organization. What holds them back most often is a lack of understanding of the most basic elements of our industry and organizational structure. This knowledge gap is wider than any of us realize. Information we regard as “second nature”, is quite frankly a puzzle to most new hires. Industry jargon, componentry, interdepartmental issues, paper trails, and knowing the right questions to ask when interfacing with a customer are all items that many employees learned by MAKING MISTAKES.
This session helps to connect these dots, and provide a baseplate of understanding, especially for those that are not from the material handling business.
Features of the Onboarding Webinar: 2 separate sessions of 90-120 minutes.
Forklift Industry Bootcamp – Session One:
- The evolution of the lift truck industry
- The dealer/OEM relationship
- The 5-profit center business model
- Interdepartmental strengths and challenges
- Customer applications and sales approach
- Basic leasing and financing
- Customary rental programs (Rent/Rent, Rent to Sell, RPO)
- Customary service programs (PM/Lease with Maintenance)
- Warranty basics
- Basic operational characteristics
- Ratings and stability
- The ITA and its role in our industry
- Electrically powered equipment – ITA class 1-3
- Motive power batteries
- Glossary, jargon and acronyms
Forklift Industry Bootcamp – Session Two:
- Short review of session one
- IC powered equipment ITA class 4-7
- Tire types and their role in determining class
- Steering Systems
- Basic lift truck componentry
- Mast types and applications
- Fork types and applications
- IC power train
- Basic hydraulic functions
- Hydraulic attachments
- Basic rack and dock equipment
- Glossary, jargon and acronyms
Benefits of the Webinar:
- Two Sessions: Splitting the material into two sessions, held a couple of days apart, gives participants enough time to assimilate the information.
- Open Sessions: Open sessions are held on pre-selected calendar dates. Participants in Open Sessions get preferential pricing!
- On Demand. Webinar dates can be requested at any time, and availability within 2-3 days of the requests are normally accommodated. These sessions are billed at “on-demand” session rates (see below).
- Personalized! This is not a “recorded session”. This is LIVE training conducted in real time. Questions are answered immediately, and the sessions are meant to be interactive
- Multiple participants. Multiple participants can be added to any webinar from any location with an internet connection.
- Testing included. Participants will be provided a glossary of terms for their future reference. At the end of the session, testing will be administered. The results with corrected answers, will be sent to the participant, and their management personnel to determine any remaining areas that need to be clarified.
AFFORDABLE! For 2018, rates are as follows:
OPEN SESSIONS will be billed at a cost of $199.00 for the first participant, and $99.00 for each additional participant in the same session from the same dealership.
ON DEMAND sessions will be billed at a cost of $325.00 for the first participant and $99 for each additional participant in the same session from the same dealership.
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD IS PREFERRED! Upon receipt of a request for enrollment, a credit card authorization form will be emailed. Credit card information will be kept on file and secured. Credit cards will be charged for fees (as shown above) on the day of the first session. There are no rebates for unattended 2nd sessions. All non credit card (direct bill) transactions must be paid in advance.
TO ENROLL: Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
1.) Participant Name and email
2.) Managers Name and email
3.) Name and email for the person providing credit card payment.
Be sure to either request an ON DEMAND session, or SPECIFY the dates for the OPEN session desired. Upon receiving the credit card authorization, RDS will email all participants a link to attend the WebEx session.
NEXT OPEN SESSIONS SCHEDULED: ALL SESSIONS START AT 9:00 AM PACIFIC TIME.
November 1st (first) and November 2nd (second)
November 19th (first) and November 20th (second)