It always happens this way. The day your new employee reports to work, all hell breaks loose. As badly as you would like to have long and productive training sessions with your new recruit, real life just won’t allow for that scenario.
Most new employees (especially Millennials and Gen-Z), want to make an immediate impact on the success of your organization. What holds them back most often is a lack of understanding of the most basic elements of our industry and organizational structure. This knowledge gap is wider than any of us realize. Information we regard as “second nature”, is quite frankly a puzzle to most new hires. Industry jargon, componentry, interdepartmental issues, paper trails, and knowing the right questions to ask when interfacing with a customer are all items that many employees learned by MAKING MISTAKES.
This LIVE and INTERACTIVE session helps to connect these dots, and provide a base-plate of understanding, especially for those that are not from the material handling business.
The one-day 2.5 hour LIVE format includes the following subjects:
- The evolution of the lift truck industry
- The dealer/OEM relationship
- The 5-profit center business model
- Interdepartmental strengths and challenges
- Customer applications and sales approach
- The ITA
- Primary industry drivers
- Dealer value proposition
- Basic leasing and financing
- Customary rental programs (Rent/Rent, Rent to Sell, RPO)
- Customary service programs (PM/Lease with Maintenance)
- Service billing and travel time
- Warranty basics
- Counterbalanced vs. Non Counterbalanced
- Basic operational characteristics
- Ratings and stability
- I.C. powered equipment ITA class 1-5
- Tire types and their role in determining class
- Fuels and Power trains
- Steering Systems
- Brake Systems
- Basic lift truck components
- Mast types and applications
- Basic hydraulic functions
- Hydraulic attachments
No limit to the attendees in any one session!!
All attendees receive an M.H. glossary as a takeaway!
Testing materials available on request.
Pre-scheduled sessions are flat rate priced at $199.00. (CC accepted)
Call or email to enroll (209) 652-7511 – firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Live Onboarding Session Schedule
Thursday April 15th – 8:00AM (Pacific) / 11:00AM (Eastern)
Thursday April 29th – 8:00AM (Pacific) / 11:00AM (Eastern)
Friday May 14th – 8:00AM (Pacific) / 11:00AM (Eastern)
Thursday June 3rd – 8:00AM (Pacific) / 11:00AM (Eastern)